Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Product Review #2

This year I purchased some baits from a good friend and lure maker Mike Nabulsi owner of Bassmagnet Lures. The bait I used was their new Drop Shot minnow in Perch and Smelt color. The first thing I noticed was the amount of detail that has gone into these baits to make them as realistic as possible. They are hand dipped, hand painted, hand detailed and then hand packaged. I think you can get the idea of the type of craftsmanship that has gone into these (and every other lure Mike and Mary produce). These baits measure 3.75 inches long and are hollow inside. They stand out perfectly on a drop shot rig and also work well on a small jig head. The baits are very durable and I was able to cast smallmouth as well as a few walleye on the baits under various different conditions. I even went so far as to inject some Gulp Alive scent into the hollow cavity to give the bait just a little extra something for when the bite was really tough. I am hoping to use these baits a little more this fall for walleye by fishing them on a lead jig just like live bait. I am pretty confident they will produce due to there extremly lifelike appearance. If you get a chance check out Bassmagnet's website and check out the drop shot minnow as well as all there other great products.
Drop Shot Minnow in Smelt color.

No comments:

Post a Comment