Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Product Review #3 Lucky Craft Pointer

Have you ever been fishing and no matter what you throw it just doesn't seem to be working but your fishing partner for the day is filling the boat? It is not a  nice feeling and it can be also very frustrating. I had one of those days last summer while fishing with my friend and FLW Touring Pro Charles Sim. We were throwing jerkbaits for post spawn smallmouth and Charles was putting on a clinic. I was throwing a X-Rap in pearl color and Charles was throwing a Lucky Craft Pointer 100 in Ghost Minnow. We were throwing the baits to the same areas, using the same retrieves, using the same set-up and Charles and his Lucky Craft were outfishing me 10-1. I was getting frustrated and asked if I could borrow one to see if it was the bait or something he was doing that was producing so well. On my third cast I caught a 3+ smallie and that sort of success lasted throughout the day. I couldn't believe how well that Pointer worked but after watching it in the water it was easy to see why. The slightest little twitch caused the bait to dart side to side with sharp turns and it never seemed to come to rest the same way twice. The finish is ultra realistic and the super sharp Daichi hooks never seem to lose there edge. The elongated split ring on the line tie prevents your line from slipping into the ring and the rattles provide a  loud distinct sound on every twitch.  Now these baits aren't cheap ranging from $18-$22 but their easy of use and their fish catching ability make them worth every cent. I now carry a wide assortment with me everywhere I go and they consistently catch fish (even Pike *^&^) whenever I throw them. If you are looking for a deadly bait on smallmouth bass as well as pike and walleye be sure to give the Lucky Craft pointer a try, you'll be amazed with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment