Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's been a while

As you can see it has been a while since I have had a chance to post anything on here. My fall fishing season was cut short due to a blown lower unit on my boat in October so I didn't have much to post about. I am not one who enjoys ice fishing so most of my winter is spent pouring baits and spending time with the family. I will be heading to the Ottawa Boat Cottage and Sportsman show next weekend and will be at the Hunter's Bay Marine booth for a day or 2 so stop by and say hello. I just about have my tournament schedule set for this year and I have decided to fish less events this year but to spend more time pre-fishing and preparing than previous years. I learned this past summer that you can never spend to much time preparing and practicing for a tournament. I realized this after my success at the FLW Lake Champlain event this past season. I spent more time pre-fishing for that event than any other event before and it gave me a ton of confidence. I spent a lot of time reading maps, organizing tackle and gear, reading articles about previous tournaments on the lake and it made a huge difference. I have yet to commit to an FLW event this year but I will be fishing the Berkley B1 on Lake St.Francis which is a new event for me. I have already began reading maps, using google earth to look at the lake, and we plan on pre-fishing for at least 5 day prior to the event. We will be taking 2 boats with us in order to cover as much water as possible and maximize our time on the water. In the next few days I will write about ways I have come up with to organize tackle and gear as well as tips to prepare your boat and tow vehicle to help you enjoy your days on the water for the coming season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment